· Develop diagnoses for clients receiving psychotherapy*
· Evaluate the efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy for clients*
· Analyze legal and ethical implications of counseling clients with psychiatric disorders*
Select a client whom you observed or counseled this week. Then, address the following in your Practicum Journal:
· Describe the client (without violating HIPAA regulations) and identify any pertinent history or medical information, including prescribed medications.
· Using the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Health Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5), explain and justify your diagnosis for this client.
· Explain whether cognitive behavioral therapy would be effective with this client. Include expected outcomes based on this therapeutic approach. Support your approach with evidence-based literature.
· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling this client.