Week 4 Assignment Instructions
- Conduct an Internet search for the Core Concepts of Jean Watson’s Theory of Human Caring/Caring Science article.
- Read the article.
- Complete the questions from Box 15-1: Ethics Inventory located on p. 141 in Ch. 15 of Policy & Politics.
- Select an ethical dilemma you would face as an APRN.
- Write a 1,050-word paper addressing the following:
- Identify which provision of the nursing code of ethics would be violated in the ethical dilemma. How can you use the code of ethics to address the issue? (15 pts)
- How can you create an ethical environment in your workplace to bring about awareness for other nurses in this area? (15 pts)
- Explain how you can use Watson’s theory of human caring as a guide when encountering ethical decisions. (15 pts)
- Provide references for all sources cited and format according to APA guidelines. There must be at least one scholarly work that is peer-reviewed and within the last 5 years. References and in-text citations must be included in APA format. (5 pts)
Reading for assignment. Box 15-1 is included in the reading below. Box 15-1, page 141, Chapter 15, Policy and Politics in Nursing and Health Care text.
- Hamric, A. B., Hanson, C. M., Tracy, M.F., & O’Grady, E.T (2019). Hamric and Hanson’s advanced practice nursing: an integrative approach (6th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
Chapter 7 and 13.
- Mason, D. J., Gardner, D. B., Outlaw, F. H., & O’Grady, E. T. (2016). Policy & politics in nursing and health care, 7th ed. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier.
Chapter 8 and 15.
- Weber, B. B. (2011). The role of professional nursing organizations in maintaining a healthy workplace. Plastic Surgical Nursing, 31(3), 92-94.