MN552 Advanced Health Assessment
MN552 Advanced Health Assessment
Unit 2 SOAP Note Section I Written Guide
History, Interview, and Genogram Guide
Date of History/Interview: 23rd, September, 2017
Source of history and Reliability: (client)
- Biographical Data
- Name (use initials only): W.W.
- Address: George street, House no. 4, California
- Phone number 305-555-5555
- Primary language: speaks English
- Authorized representative: her daughter
- Age and Date of Birth: 50 y/o, July 15, 1967
- Place of Birth: San Diego, California
- Gender: female
- Race: black
- Marital Status: divorced
- Ethnic/Cultural Origin: African
- Education: master’s in criminology
- Occupation/Professional: lecturer
- Health insurance: full medical coverage
- Chief Complaint (reason for seeking health care):
- Brief spontaneous statement in client’s own words
“The cough started as a chest cough but it has not been better since my first time visit to the clinic. During the day it doesn’t bother me as much, but during the night I cough a lot. For the last few weeks I have experienced pain in the chest.”
- Includes when the problem started
“I started coughing like three months ago. I have undergone treatment from regular hospitals but nothing seems to change.”
- History of Present Illness: A well organized, chronological record of client’s reason for seeking care, from time of onset to present. Please include the 8 critical characteristics using the PQRSTU pneumonic.
P – Provocative or palliative
The client states that in most cases room temperature affects her cough, when she feels cold she coughs more. She is also affected by strong smells like perfumes, and states that she cannot sit directly under a fan or air conditioner because the strong wind promotes her cough.
Q – Quality or quantity
The client feels pain in her chest when she coughs. Her throat is also sore. The cough produces sputum that seems clear.
R – Region or radiation
She only has coughing problem. No other complains.
S – Severity
The severity according to the patient is at 6 out of 10.
T – Timing
She states that when she starts coughing it can last for more than five minutes without stopping. She coughs mostly during the night or when she is irritated by a disturbing smell during the day or even strong wind.
U – Understand Patient’s Perception of the problem
Her fever seems low grade at 100 degrees without chills. After a long conversation with the client she says that she is worried she might have pneumonia. She has not had shortness of breath, she also denies postnasal drip. She has undergone chest X-rays, TB test, and taken many over the counter drugs and home remedies, with no improvement.
- Past Medical History
- Medical Hx: major illnesses during life span, injuries, hospitalizations, transfusions, and disabilities.
No other major medical complications, she was diagnosed with diabetes at age 45, present concern is only her cough. hospitalized once for vaginal delivery, no other surgical hx.
- Childhood Illnesses: Measles, chickenpox, Mumps, strep throat
- Surgical Hx; dates, outpatient, X-rays.
Vaginal delivery on 02/26/1987, Chest X ray 08/15/2017
- Obstetric HX:
Only one pregnancy, and one delivery, she gave birth to her daughter who is the only child.no miscarriages or abortion cases.
- Immunizations: only as a child, immunization like MMR, Varicella, Tetanus, has not received busters as adult, but last visit to the doctor they gave her the flu shot. Patient states that she does not like getting vaccines.
- Psychiatric Hx: no psychiatric conditions reported.
- Allergies: allergic to dust
- Current Medications: Metformin 500mg BID for diabetes type 2.
- Last Examination Date: 12th March, 2017
No eye problem
No foot problem
There are some cavities
No hearing problem
Chest X-Ray; diffuse wheezes are present bilaterally with expiration. No crackles or bronchi.
Pap test; no cervical cancer
Mammogram; no signs of breast cancer
Serum cholesterol; cholesterol level is at 200
Stool occult blood; no colon cancer
Prostate; not relevant
PSA; not relevant
UA; not collected
TB skin test; not detected
Sickle- cell; no sickle cell disease
Hamatocrit; 35% – normal
Genogram Three Generation
This section has a family medical history as stated by the patient. Patient states that she is currently divorced from her husband whose whereabouts are unknown, prior to divorce he was in good health. Patient W.W. had one daughter with her ex-husband, she is alive and has history of asthma. Patient narrates that her mother is alive and heathy for her age, her father is deceased, he had a history of heart failure. Her maternal grandmother is alive and overall healthy, just debilitated due to her age, her maternal grandfather had a heart attack and is deceased. Patients grandmother is alive with arthritis, and her paternal grandfather is alive with diabetes. On the Ex-husband family side, she knows in his family in his mother’s side his mother is alive and with diabetes, his father alive and with hypertension, his grandmother had a stroke and is deceased, and his grandfather had committed suicide. On her Ex-husbands fathers side his grandmother alive with diabetes and HTN and his grandfather is alive with prostate issues and diagnosed with BPH.
Get your paper now
We complete all papers from scratch. You can get a plagiarism report.
How Essay Writing Service Works
Place an Order & Choose a Writer
You need to fill out a short order form and specify all the needed requirements. Then writers will start bidding your order and it’s up to you which one to choose as each of them is a professional. Ask our manager to help you out if you have any doubts.
Chat with a Writer & Review a Paper
You can chat with your writer directly and clarify all the points in the process of writing. Once you received an email with a notification, you will then have an unlimited number of revisions. Ask your writer to make adjustments to your paper or switch things up to fit your taste.
You need to deposit ⅓ of the sum in the beginning to make the writer begin working on your order. After you’re certain that the paper is done correctly, thank your writer for the good job and release the funds.