PICOT project Discussion
Things to remember:
- Discussion post is at least 200 words.
- Answers all questions with opinions/ideas creatively and clearly. Supports post using several outside, peer-reviewed sources.
- 3 References, try to find resources that are 5 years or less
- No errors with APA format 6thEdition
- Please review the Discussion Board Participation grading rubric under Course Resources in
- the Grading Rubrics section.
- This is important information that will ensure that you earn maximum points. Your postings
- should be qualitative and provide substantive depth that advances the discussion.
- Please see the Kaplan Writing Center located in the student portalfor assistance with writing,
- APA, and online communication.
Complete the EBP Implementation Scale for your PICOT project. Post your results here for peer and instructor feedback.
Topic 2: Your Press Release
Post your sample press release for your proposed grant for evidence-based practice implementation of the PICOT project identified in this course. Make sure to provide feedback to one of your peers. Your instructor will provide feedback about your press release. Neither of the Discussions are graded.
Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing and Healthcare
- Chapter 21: “Writing a Successful Grant Proposal to Fund Research and Evidence-Based Practice Implementation Projects”
- Chapter 22: “Ethical Considerations for Evidence Implementation and Evidence Generation”
PICOT project Journal Readings
Please retrieve and read the following Journal articles from the Kaplan University Library. Articles can be located through a search in the CINAHL database, OVID database, Kaplan University Library (links to these are located under the Student Resources in Course Resources) or by using the link at the end of the reference if provided.
US Preventive Services Task Force (2008). The guide to clinical preventive services. Rockville, MD: The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
- National Institutes of Health. Office of Extramural Research. (2015). Grants and Funding. Retrieved from http://grants.nih.gov/grants/oer.htm
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. (2015). Grants. Retrieved from http://www.rwjf.org/en/grants.html#q/maptype/grants/ll/37.91,-96.38/z/4
- Health Resources and Services. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2015). Grants. Retrieved from http://www.hrsa.gov/grants/index.html
Clinical Guidelines and Best Practices
- National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Retrieved from http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg/index.jsp
Disseminating information to the general public about research grants or research is important, especially for continued funding.
- Review Appendix F on page 575 of the textbook.
- Create a simple press release for your proposed grant for evidence-based practice implementation of the PICOT project identified in this course.