Read the “Choosing a Successor” case study at the end of the textbook.
Write a 350- to 700-word summary of what you have learned during this case study. It may help to reflect on the following questions provided at the end of the case study:
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of each candidate for the leadership role.
- Which of the factors you consider important would most favor Taneshia? Felipe? Amanda?
- Do you think the ethnicity of the candidate influence the person selected?
- Which of the three candidates would you recommend to be the next leader? Why?
- If Taneshia is chosen, what do you think would be her biggest problems as a leader and being able to work with the others? Felipe? Amanda?
- Should Paul have considered an outside candidate to be his successor?
Click the Choosing a Successor Case Study Assignments File tab to submit your assignment.