Grading Criteria for Spirituality Reflective Journal Paper
You have been assigned required readings on spirituality in your course. You may choose one or more chapters from each assigned book to read. You will then write a reflection paper regarding your thoughts, meaningful ideas, feelings, and/or reactions, and the application of these to nursing practice or your own spiritual growth and self-care.
1. Paper is typed in at least 3 pages, double spaced and turned in on time via D2L or email to your professor, with coversheet title page in APA format; thoughtful, suitable title 10 Points Spirituality Reflective Journal Paper
2. Introductory paragraph is attention-getting
3. Spelling, grammar, mechanics, and usage are correct throughout paper 10 Points
4. Thoughts are expressed in a coherent and logical manner. 20 Points
5. Viewpoints and interpretations are insightful, demonstrating an in-depth reflection. 20 Points
6. Concluding paragraph sums up information, reiterates ideas and opinions, and leaves reader with a call to action or something meaningful to remember 10 Points Spirituality Reflective Journal Paper
7. Pertinent reference sources are skillfully woven throughout paper without over use of quotations but, rather, attempt to paraphrase 10 Points Spirituality Reflective Journal Paper
8. References are properly cited in APA format with no plagiarism. 5 Points
9. At least 3 references are cited in paper, including a reference from current class assigned chapter readings in Mauk, a reading in an assigned chapter in White, and one journal article of your own choice. 5 Points
Total 100 Possible Points Actual Points =
Mauk, K. L., & Schmidt, N. K. (2004). Spiritual care in nursing practice. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott.
White, E. G. (2011). The Ministry of healing. Guildford, UK: White Crow Books.
APA format reference that you may use for free:
It is recommended that you upload your paper into Turnitin on D2L to check for plagiarism prior to submission to your professor. Also, to check for correct grammar, use the Grammar Tutor on D2L. Spirituality Reflective Journal Paper
Please use the following text for references:
1. Readings in E.G. White,
The Ministry of Healing: Chapter 6 Saved to Serve
Chapter 11Working for the Intemperate
Chapter 17 The Use of Remedies
2. Readings in Mauk and Schmidt, Spiritual Care in Nursing Practice: Chapt 13 The Role of the Nurse in the Spiritual Journey
3. Any other book
Spirituality Reflective Journal Paper